AVIS WEB SITE USER AGREEMENT (Hong Kong Licensee: Far East Rent A Car Limited)
Far East Rent-A-Car Limited, registered in Hong Kong owns and operates this website. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions ”We”, ”Our” and ”Us” refers to Avis Hong Kong. Please re-view these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this website. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.Show All
All trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the materials on this website (as well as the organisation and layout of this website) together with the underlying software code are owned either directly by Us or by our licensors. Without our prior written permission, you may not copy, modify, alter, publish, broadcast, distribute, sell or transfer any material on this website or the underlying software code whether in whole or in part. However, the contents of this website may be downloaded, printed or copied for your personal non-commercial use.
You may only use this Web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which includes complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within Hong Kong or other jurisdiction from which you are accessing this website.
In particular, you agree that you will not:
- Post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via this Web site which is or may be harmful, obscene, defamatory or otherwise illegal
- Make any other unauthorised, false or fraudulent booking
- Deface, alter or interfere with the front end ‘look and feel’ of this Web site or the underlying soft-ware code
- Obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, via whatever means, to any of Our networks.
- Use this Web site in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of the rights of any other
- Use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of this Web site including but not limited to uploading or making available files containing corrupt data or viruses via whatever means
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Web site or related infrastructure
Without prejudice to any of our other rights (whether at law or otherwise) we reserve the right to:
- Cancel your bookings without reference to you and/or
- Deny you access to this Web site where we believe (in Our absolute discretion) that you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions
We may make improvements or changes to the information, services, products and other materials on this Web site, or terminate this website, at any time without notice. We may also modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on this Web site. Accordingly, your continued access or use of this Web site is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
This website may include links to other internet sites. We do not endorse any such websites and We are not responsible for the information, material, products or services contained on or accessible through those websites. Your access and use of such websites remains solely at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of access to, or the use of this website or any infor-mation contained in it, including loss of profit and the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all implied warranties with regard to the infor-mation, services and materials contained on this website. All such information, services and materials are provided ”as is” and ”as available” without warranty of any kind.
Avis Hong Kong makes no warranty, implied or explicit, that any part of the service will be uninter-rupted, error-free, virus-free, timely, secure, accurate, reliable or any quality, nor that the content is safe in any manner for download. You understand and agree that neither Avis Hong Kong nor any par-ticipant in the site and its services provides professional advice of any kind and that use of such ad-vice or other information is solely at you own risk and without our liability of any kind.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Us harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense (in-cluding reasonable legal fees) related to your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions contain all the terms of your agreement with us relating to your use of this website. No other written or oral statement (including statements in any brochure or promotional literature published by us) will be incorporated.
Your use of this website, any downloaded material from it and the operation of these Terms and Con-ditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong SAR and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong SAR courts.